This is a temporary position to assist us in maintaining Dimbola Museum & Galleries’ accreditation status.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To ensure that the collections at Dimbola are cared for and preserved in accordance with the Museum’s collection policies.
- To maintain our accreditation status and be responsible for submitting the accreditation return
- Collections management including accessioning, loans, acquisitions, and disposals, and to ensure that all collections items are properly documented.
- To advise the Director and Trustees on collections matters
Experience and Qualifications
- Management of a collection database eg MODES or similar
- A good understanding of the Arts Council England Accreditation scheme and Spectrum guidelines
- Experience of dealing with funding bodies and bidding for grant finance
- To have a degree and/or substantial working experience in museum accreditation
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- A flexible and adaptable approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Rate of Pay
£14 an hour. Hours and days are flexible as required to achieve reaccreditation status.
This is a temporary role (3 months maximum) with the potential to negotiate extending the contract in the future.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the specification and why you wish to be considered for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this role is 28th February 2022.