We are looking for someone to join the team in our Victorian Tearoom as a Kitchen Manager. The position is full time for an immediate start until 30th September 2018, part time hours will be available during winter.
You will need to be flexible and able to cover up to 40 hours across the week, including weekends and occasional evenings.
The right candidate will be someone who is passionate about cooking, who enjoys managing a busy team and is able to cope well under pressure.
General daily tasks include:
- Preparing light lunches/meals and baking cakes
- Recruitment and training of new staff
- Managing staff rota
- Stock management and ordering
- Keeping to budgets
- Reporting to the directors
- Conforming to environmental health standards, candidates with a food hygiene qualification will have an advantage
- Greeting Customers, Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Serving guests, and handling cash using our EPOS system
- Communicating with colleagues on all levels
- Being flexible with working patterns and tasks – covering sickness and holidays when required
- Attending any training deemed necessary for the position
Previous experience is preferable.
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV and a covering letter via IsleofWightJobs or pop them into Dimbola during opening hours.